2010. 7. 1.

A sudden encounter: Part 2


I went back to Mohren Street to find that man with whom I’d had a sudden encounter at the North Korean embassy. This time I was not as drawn in by the energy of the place, which had seemed as expansive as Jupiter the first time.  The pink colored pipe was still there, delivering water during construction.

After a short walk around area I went back to the spot at the North Korean embassy where I’d seen the man before, but he wasn’t there this time.  And the door next to City Hostel was completely closed like last time. No security guard! I didn’t dare to press the buzzer either to get in. Also the rose bush which had been the the object of the man's attention that first day turned out to be just an ordinary shrub.
 
I then walked around the other side of building and realized that I was in exactly the same area where I had had a quick break on the way to find The North Korean embassy the first time.  I remembered noting at that time how unimpressive the North Korean embassy was in comparison to other buildings I saw around Brandenburg gate such as the British embassy or the American embassy.

I walked around another corner of the building site and found another gate, where I stood around for a while hoping to see someone or something. Through the fence I saw a bike lying around next to basketball hoop.  And then I noticed a man coming out of the embassy building and a little boy playing with a ball inside the building. When I saw the man walking out I hesitantly said “hello.”  Then I said a bit loudly, " Do you speak Korean?" in Korean. No answer.  I tried   "Do you speak English?” No answer either. He walked past right next me and completely ignored me as if I was invisible person.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기