2010. 6. 29.

Walkday3, A sudden encounter: Part 1

   2nd Photos from above taken by Iñigo Bujedo Aguirre, Berlin 2010

Part of the North Korean embassy building has been turned into City Hostel for backpackers near Brandenburg Gate.  On my way to find the North Korean embassy,  I came across this in the street -  it reminded me of the expansiveness of Jupiter's energy, whether you believe it or not!  After checking out City Hotel, right next to the North Korean embassy, I had a sudden encounter with a man from Pyongyang through the fence of the North Korean embassy.   He was watering the Rose bush.   I introduced myself as a person from Seoul and an artist, but he didn't understand the word "artist".   We carried on talking; just saying hello, discussing what we were both doing here and so on. I was really suprised with myself at the time; the fact is I wouldn't talk to anyone like that in Korea. I asked him if I could get into the building, but his answer was "huh huh".  Then I mentioned about the institution in Dahlem, where people are working on the unification of Korea, but he didn't say a word, only "huh huh" again. The interesting thing was, at first sight of the man, there was a women next him, but I didn't see her while I was talking to him.  However, when I was saying goodbye to him, I realised that she was still there. I wonder, was it just that she was shy, or was she watching us?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기